Thursday, January 17, 2013

It's like rolling a rock uphill

I don't really listen to the news but the other day this phrase caught my ear. "It's like rolling a rock uphill."  I'm not sure what they were referring to but I got the basic idea that they thought it was going to be a pretty hard job.  I have never rolled rocks much. We had to pick rock when we were younger, but I didn't really roll them.  I have had to roll some barrels in the riding arena and though they are simply barrels for the girls to ride around, they are hard enough to roll when they are flat; I wouldn't want to imagine trying to roll them while going up hill or with any kind of a breeze
Sometimes I try to take my days events and get a head start without God. It's like rolling a rock uphill. When I realize nothing is going right, I realize I didn't stop to ask God his take on the matter.  Would have made all the difference in the world.

No comments: