Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Barnyard Roll Call

If you've never been to the State Fair you're missing out on some real fun. If you need to lose sleep, lose weight, get totally exhausted and climb tons of steps, it's the place to be. I spent the past few days and it was fun; it really was but it was totally a learning experience.
So I'm tired. I have been on the road for several days taking in the Presidential lunchean at Parent Oreintation in Chicago. I have had to be gone alot and sleeping in my own bed has been very rare in the month of August. So, I find myself sleeping in a very large dorm room with 300 others, mostly teenagers. It's late. The fireworks over the grandstand have concluded and the speaker has told us that it will be lights out and quiet. "Wonderful" I thought. "Quiet, peace and sleep". About the time the lights went out the giggles began. I remember those days of being a kid. Then I heard it. A high pitched girls voice yelled, "Barnyard Rollcall". Within seconds you heard the most hysterical sounds from across this huge room. Every sound imaginable from mooing, the neighs, to barking, to the even funnier, "Stop it; we're trying to sleep." Even though I was tired, it was quite funny. It shook up the routine. Sometimes I like to shake up the routine. Wouldn't it be quite funny if in the middle of a serious presentation someone shouted, "Barnyard rollcall", or better yet in the middle of a sporting event the cheerleaders would holler it out! Go ahead; I dare you!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Darin Brown said...

I'm so glad you have a blog now!!! I always enjoy reading all of your stories, adventures, and life experiences. You have a gift for sharing and relating your everyday experiences to others and what God is doing in lives.

Debbie