Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Moments of wonder

There are times in life when we have moments of wonder. Those are the moments when we glimpse something in life that seems too glorious for us to comprehend and we just kind of drop our jaw and look like an idiot as we go "duh".
For me one of those moments was the other day during the Easter program at church. Here we had practiced this for months.  We knew what was coming  and going and who was singing, talking, reciting, and where our enterances would be. After awhile you just take things as they come..and then you have a moment of wonder. It was about the moment that the man carrying his boy in his arms to be healed by Jesus..I got chills down my back and wondered, what would it have really been like to have been healed.  We cheered and clapped as we were instructed to do but I wondered what my reaction would have been had that been my child? I have a feeling I would not have smiled at the crowd, and walked calmly on stage.  I'm wonder ...might I have dropped my child, bowed on the ground in adoration, fear, wonder and almost forgot about the healing when presented with the son of God?  In a moment of wonder,,,what would my reaction have really been?

No comments: