Thursday, September 6, 2012

Quiet...

It's quiet here. No more teenage son stomping up the stairs from the basement. It's quiet here. Baihley is in college, post secondary and loving every minute. It's quiet here. Addlea is teaching in Singapore and more tired than I think she thought she could be. Summed up in a couple words: growing up and working a real job is hard. It's quiet here. Jim is getting ready for the harvest. He comes in caked in grease and oil and washes himself at the kitchen sink. It's quiet here but it will be noisy again. Not too far away a family is having the same quiet, except their quiet is so loud they cannot think. Their senior daughter, Baihley's age, died when her mini-van hit a parked bus. It's quiet there; deathly quiet. I am so thankful for the hedge of protection God has given me. I am so thankful that my quiet is peace in my heart and that I don't have to worry about fighting in my back yard as they are in Syria. I'm thankful my quiet is peace in my heart because I have a relationship with Christ. I am thankful that the loud things in my heart are probably placed there because of me, not others. I am thankful the quiet is from God and I know that too will pass but for the meantime, God is allowing me to have quiet! And it's a beautiful quiet.

No comments: