Friday, October 31, 2008

Fingerprints... where are yours?

It's been a crazy week. I was congradulating myself that I cleared a week off my calendar. I had nothing to do but Ladies Bible study and I was almost excited. I spent Wednesday, almost the whole day, chopping stalks for Jim. Then....the reason for my easy week; my friend's husband passed away. I had been working on a project for her; so we were prepared but this week of "nothing happening" was actually giving me time to serve Dawn and her needs.
Today after running all the errands I needed to at the church, funeral home, etc. I came home and began cleaning. What I noticed was the fingerprints or rather should I say what I was washing was the fingerprints. They are higher now. It used to be that the fingerprints were knee high. They were always chocolate chip cookie fingerprints and sometimes a whole hand not just the fingers. Now, I'm noticing they are where my fingerprints would be; no surprise there because everyone is the house right now is taller than I. So as I cleaned I thought about all the years I washed the fingerprints and how they rose up the wall and then I wondered if God is seeing my fingerprints rise? I mean, am I growing up so that He can see the changes in me or am I still sticking my fingerprints on the wall where they were 10 years ago?

No comments: